Jordan is on the road and in today’s episode Brian is joined by Justin McGill. In December 2014 Justin took on a challenge to launch a business in 24 hours and from that, LeadFuze, an email prospecting and lead generation service was born. Justin also co-hosts the Zero to Scale podcast about bootstrapping startups to $20k a month and beyond, and also documents Justin’s journey with LeadFuze.
Justin talks about the importance of setting public goals. When he launched his current endeavor he set a goal of $1,000/mo in recurring revenue within 30 days. The first two weeks which hit over the Christmas holiday were slow, but he achieved his goal and currently LeadFuze has grown to $18,000/mo.
Brian and Justin discuss the importance of having a visible public goal for your business as a way to motivate yourself and identify a success method with a revenue number and a deadline to reach it. Additionally, being transparent holds you accountable.
Justin also discusses:
- His background and how he drew on that to start LeadFuze
- How he applied what he knew from a marketing perspective to his own business.
- How a “done for you” concept in a software product is a win.
- Why his involvement in entrepreneurship communities is important to him and those he interacts with and the value of having conversations with like-minded people.
- How his podcast has helped his business.
If you liked today’s show, Brian and Jordan would appreciate if you could leave a review in iTunes.