We welcome Rob Walling and Ben Fisher to the podcast today. We are going to discuss the topic of co-founders. Rob is the original founder of Drip, but has found a co-founder named Derek. Ben is Jordan’s co-founder in Carthook. Brian however is the solo founder prospective in today’s conversation.
Brian has had co-founders, but Audience Ops is all him. On today’s episode Jordan and Ben talk about how they began their partnership and Rob discusses his partnership with Derek.
In recent news Rob’s company Drip has been acquired by Leadpages. He tells us about that change and how it has affected his partnership.
The topics we covered are:
- How Leadpages’ acquisition has changed Drip.
- Why you are always reinvesting into your business.
- Jordan’s original intentions for Carthook.
- Why Jordan needed to work with Ben.
- The issues for a solo founder.
- How Ben found Jordan.
- How Rob found his business partner.
- The 2 factors of finding the right business partner.
- How to divide up decision making.
- The pros and cons of partnerships.
- How to respect your partner.
- Agreeing to a shared goal with your business partner.
Resources Mentioned Today:
As always, thanks for tuning in. Head here to leave a review in iTunes.