It has been three weeks of constant travel for us. We have been jetting around to tons of industry conferences. It has been a hectic and educational time for both of us. We share some of our takeaways from the conferences and really debate the value of a business conference. What gives a conference its value?
We also give some personal updates. Brian talks about his fitness routine a bit and Jordan is starting to notice changes in his company’s efficiency. Brian updates the audience on the new podcast service and some of the growing pains coming out of it. All and all there is a lot going on right now in Carthook and Audience Ops!
Here are today’s conversation points:
- Why small conferences are more valuable than larger ones.
- Why go to MicroConf?
- Getting ready for more upcoming conferences.
- How Jordan and Brian get value out of a conference.
- Brian’s daily exercise routine.
- Jordan’s first coaching client.
- Managing by walking around, what is it?
- The Owner’s Word Weighs a Ton, by Jason Fried.
- Communicating effectively with a team.
- Jordan’s lessons from MicroConf.
- Brian’s podcast service update.
- The challenges of hiring the right person.
- How to combat lack of interest in a team.
Resources Mentioned Today:
As always, thanks for tuning in. Head here to leave a review on iTunes.