In this episode, Jordan and Brian do a deep dive into doing Customer Research. You know, talking to customers, and putting in the time to truly understand who they are, what they value, and how you can leverage that “intel” to better position your product in the early days and beyond.
- I’m trying to optimize my work day, putting creative stuff in the morning, and emails, calls and other crap in the afternoons.
- Early-bird tickets for Big Snow Tiny Conf are now on sale, so if you want to join a small group of founders and hit the slopes at Sugarbush, VT in January, reserve your spot now.
- My mixergy interview got published which was really exciting on a personal level and also cranked up the business side of things
- The sales funnel course is all done!
In This Episode…
- Why doing (or not doing) customer research truly makes or breaks a business.
- Brian’s 8-step process for doing customer research, which he’s done on 3 out 4 of his businesses (spoiler alert: The 4th one didn’t turn out so well)
- Which questions to ask when we do customer interviews
- Jordan’s “Idea Extraction” process that he learned from Dayne Maxwell’s Foundation training.