Today Brian and Jordan discuss growth. In Jordan’s case he is dealing with sudden growth, and in Brian’s case, he is planning for growth. Both share how they are handling this wonderful problem.
Jordan has been focused on getting Carthook’s marketing up and running again, but it has become clear that his team needs him to focus on improving the customer support. It has been a struggle to really pinpoint what the team needs. Jordan calls it “customer success,” but Brian isn’t so sure that’s the best title for the position.
Brian is working on his KPI (Key Performance Indicators.) While making the dashboard for these KPI, he learned that sometimes you need to just hire someone. Brian is also planning to do some hiring, he needs two project managers and a writer. He caps off today’s topics with an article from the website Baremetrics.
Here are the conversation points:
- Brian’s four major categories for his KPI.
- When to know you need to hire someone.
- Jordan’s ever-growing stress.
- Jordan’s undefinable job description.
- What does “customer success” mean?
- What Jordan needs for this new position.
- The importance of taking care of “home base.”
- Brian’s hiring needs.
- Josh Pigford’s blog post.
Resources Mentioned Today:
As always, thanks for tuning in. Head here to leave a review in iTunes.