With the year winding down we are feeling reflective during this episode of Bootstrapped Web. Jordan compares the state of Carthook from last year versus this year. A lot can change in a year!
Brian is in a transition period right now and is currently trying to decide what is next in his product plans. We discuss the issues that arise with a large team of people and why Brian is actively seeking a smaller team. We also celebrate a successful Black Friday and share what we learned from this season.
Here are today’s conversation points:
- Our Black Friday experiences.
- Automation Guides have been launched, now what?
- Brian’s goals for the upcoming year.
- The factors that affect a business team size.
- The discipline involved when hiring for a company.
- When you should aggressively grow and when you should not.
- Why soft skills are important.
- Ben Horowitz’s blog post.
- Moving into the new year with a clear goal.
- An update about ProcessKit.
- The benefits of free tools to software developers and their customers.
- How Brian’s coding lessons are paying off.
Resources Mentioned Today:
As always, thanks for tuning in. Head here to leave a review in iTunes.